Spray Chrome Comparison
If you are trying to decide whether to choose PChrome spray chrome kits or a Cosmichrome spray chrome system, we’ve gathered detailed information so that you can make a good choice. Both companies offer spray chrome that has the look and feel of traditional chrome plating. PChrome has been offering its products since 1932 while Cosmichrome is a relative newcomer with 15 years of experience under its belt. Here is what you need to know about what each company offers.
Located in Canada, Cosmichrome offers water-based spray chrome paint, chemicals, basecoats and topcoats. It separately sells two different application systems, including the master system and the mini system. The company has been in business for 15 years. The company offers phone support only. It does not have a flexible setup or an integrated system, but Cosmichrome does provide excellent adhesion and a good selection of colors. Orders are shipped within about one week of order placement.
Cosmichrome Spray Chrome System
Cosmichrome offers the Master System Pro and the Mini System. The Master System Pro is a heavy duty piece of painting equipment that is made out of stainless steel. It has an attached e-gun that can be used to spray on different chemicals in the application process. The company’s Mini System is designed for spraying smaller items such as hubcaps, and it is more compact. Cosmichrome also sells paints in a variety of color options along with the chemicals that are needed to complete the spray chrome process.
- The Master System Pro
- The Mini System Pro
Differences in Silver Solutions
The concentration of silver and the quality of raw materials used to manufacture the S solutions are critical. The formulation know-how and the tight manufacturing controls we bring with over 80 years of silver making history give our customers unprecedented quality and performance.
Equally important is the freshness of the solutions. Both the S and the R solutions have a relatively short shelf life. It is the nature of the chemistry that changes will occur as the product sits on the shelf. PChrome solutions are made daily and rarely sit in our warehouse for more than a few days.
Most of our competitors are buying their solutions in bulk from outside the US. PChrome comes to you a few days old while others are selling product that has sat in warehouses and ships often for months. Freshness counts when you are looking for brilliance.
PChrome Spray Chrome Kits
PChrome offers kits in various sizes, including the artist starter kits and the professional kits. The kits come in a range of color options and are complete. Unlike Cosmichrome, you do not have to purchase separate and expensive painting equipment when you choose PChrome spray chrome kits. You will not be limited by the size of your parts, and the paint is very durable and provides you with the high-gloss sheen of traditional chrome plating. PChrome is a terrific choice no matter your experience level, and we offer excellent customer support and service.
You’re able to reach us by telephone and email, or watch our videos for answers to your technical questions. Our kits come with everything that is needed for high-quality chroming applications, including our proprietary silvering gun. You are also able to use our kits with other manufacturers’ equipment, meaning that you can simply use the equipment you have on hand rather than having to go out and purchase new tools. To learn more or to place your order today, contact PChrome.
Cosmichrome VS PChrome Comparison Chart
- Brillancy is the intensity of the silver reflection and the clarity of the chrome like color
- Tech Support Line is the actual experience and expertize of the support person. PChrome calls are handled by the guys who make the product and have spent years spraying it.
- Integrated System, PChrome has designed the chemistry of all of its products and manufactures them all in Philadelphia. PChrome solutions are optimized to ideally match with their counterparts. PChrome does not mix and match components from multiple manufacturers
- Flexible Setup, PChrome does not sell spray tables or confine the user with unnecessary and difficult to maintain equipment. Just the solutions, a dual headed spray gun and PChrome is ready for use in any shop.
- Adhesion is the capability to survive the industry standard cross hatch tape test.
- Color Options is the compatibilty with industry standard tints and the availability of predefined colors for the top coat.
- Product Freshness is the time between manufacture and delivery. PChrome is made every day andvisvuseallybavfew days old when it ships. Many competitors do not manufacture their products so they import from Europe of China. Itvsitsvin theirvwarehouse for months before shipping.
- Ease of Ordering, online with clear grouping of products to quickly order refills
- Speed of Delivery. Morning orders ship that day. Late afternoon orders ship the next day
- Size Options. PChrome manufactures every thing it sells. Orders are filled as they come in. We have small 2-4 oz sizes and multiple gallon sizes to fit the needs ofcsmall and large users.
- Pricing is based on cost per square foot of coverage. PChrome offers one of the lower but not the lowest cost pervsquare foot.
Order Your Kit Today!
If you are ready to order your own chrome spray kit, we hope that our spray chrome comparison has led you to choose PChrome. Contact us today so that we can get the system that you want for your own projects.